In the Presence of Polar Bears


I can’t exactly explain the feelings that run through me when I’m in the presence of polar bears, it’s so surreal & it makes my heart explode. The time spent with this mother & her cubs is almost indescribable for me. I have had a love for polar bears since I was a young boy. The first time I wrote a guiding company to inquire about seeing polar bears I was 9.. & crushed as a 9 year old to find out how unaffordable it was for my family to take me. It was a very long time before I got to lay eyes on my first polar bears in the wild.. therefore I never take a second of it for granted. 

I have to pinch myself that someone has faith in me and my skill set that they want to send me on assignments like this. It is truly an honour & a privilege to share any amount of time with one of nature’s most magnificent animals. I wish everyone out there could experience even just one day with polar bears. I get that’s not a realistic possibility. It truly means a lot to me when I hear from those of you that thank me for bringing them a piece of a world they may not ever get to experience for themselves. 

Again, it is an honour and a privilege to have these experiences and to have the good fortune of sharing them with you. Thank you for following my journey along. Shot on assignment withOne Ocean Expeditions

To order prints and products, visit my website davesandfordphotos.com 

Comments